Thursday, January 19, 2012

In the bible: Romans

Hey girls I have a confession to make...... I have always thought the Bible was BORING! All the names and cities and history just felt like I was sitting in history trying to zone out. I have always wanted to just read the Bible and understand it and I found a solution. About a month ago I ordered a bible online at Christian Book.com called the  Revolve Devotional Bible. It is a teen girl bible translated in New Century form (the easiest to read) and it wasn't crazy expensive between $10-$13 so its great (cept for the fact that I ordered it a month ago and it just got here today)! Today I read all of Romans and I loved it. Romans is my favorite chapter of the Bible although as I said I havent read much of the bible before I got this one. I love the history it gives you on each chapter this is waht Romans said


Paul heard through the grapevine that some Christians in Rome were twisting the truth of the Good News into a liscence to live crazy wicked lives. Their messup-up logic was, "Since our sins are covered by the blood of Christ and we're already forgiven, lets go hog wild and do wahtever we want! And because Paul couldn't get there in person he picket up his pen and. through the direction of the Holy Spirit, wrote this letter to set them straight. He covered three main topics in this letter; the natural sinfulness of all humankind, the way God provided out of sin through Jesus, and how Christians should live after trusting in Christ. Instead of being a historical book, Romans is a deep study of Gods amazing grace!

I really love the three main topics and think if you are a new Christian or if you have already accepted Jesus as your savior this chapter is short, to the point, and worth reading! Romans is a good place to start in the Bible and for me was pretty much Christianity in a nutshell!

I love you girls and thank you for reading. Have a blessed week:)

Ash

P.S I have a prayer request! There is a fmaily I don't know but my mom knows in some way and the mom has breast cancer. She missed too much work for her appointments that she lost her job and now her husbands losing his good so please pray for her to be healed if it is Gods will and  for God to finacially support this family. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! You made my day:) Keep comments Godly please and just know how beautiful you are in the eyes of the Lord<3