Saturday, February 4, 2012

Prayer and the new verse of the week

Sometimes I find prayer really overwelming. i have so many things to thank God for, to ask him for, to praise him for and I get so overwelmed but as I was reading my Bible today I found some verse that I love. It is an actual prayer that God says is an example for how your prayer should go and I loved it.

Dear Our father in Heaven,
may your name always be kept holy. May your kingdom come and what you want to be done, here on Earth like it is in Heaven. Give us the food we need for each day. Forgive us for our sins, just as we have forgiven those who sinned against us.Do not cause us to be tempted but save us from the Evil One. The kingdom,power,and glory are yours forever.
Amen
Matthew 6:9-13

So basically, all worries that go beyond this prayer he already knows and will take care of them!!


Here is the new verse of the week that I found also in Matthew. I love that Book of the Bible:)

If you love only the people who love you,you will get no reward and if your only nice to your friends you are no better than other anyone else. Even those who do not know God are nice to their friends.
Matthew 5:46-47

I like this verse because it is sooo true I am always nice to my friends but sometimes when it comes to my family the people who love me most I am not as nice as I am to my friends so this verse reminds me to be nice to EVERYONE!




Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ash! Good post. I found some other verses that I like. They don't necassarily have to do with the verses you mentioned, but they make me realize so much about myself that's wrong. Well, here they are! -Loren

    Luke 6:41-42
    Why do you notice the little piece of dust in your friend's eye, but you don't notice the big piece of wood in your own eye? How can you say to your friend, 'Friend, let me take that little piece of dust out of your eye' when you cannot see that big peice of wood in your own eye! You hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to take the dust out of your friend's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loren,
    I read that verse in the bible the other day i love that one to thank you soo much for supporting me in everything i do your a greay christian role model for me and i wanted to let u know how much i appreciate u supporting me in dance my blog and just being a great friend:)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! You made my day:) Keep comments Godly please and just know how beautiful you are in the eyes of the Lord<3