Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Postin on leap day!

Happy leap day or leap year or whatever!

So i have a really cool story to share! A really good Christian author Ann Margret Hovsepian that wrote that devotional Truth or dare I was telling you about contacted me and said she would send me a free copy to check out and review for you all!!!!
So when Ive read a few i am going to post a super cool review on what i thought about it! Seems like a really cool book from the preview online!

So anyway one of my besties Loren shared something really cool with me i felt like I should share it with you so here it goes...

I sometimes find the Old Testament and even the New Testament in the NKJ version a teensy weensy boring and kind of don't look forward to reading God's word.... which nobody should NOT want to read the Bible. So Loren said that one day while reading the Bible she thought I should enjoy my time with God and there has to be a better way to study his word! And then God spoke to her saying that you absolutely do not need to read the Bible beginning to end to be a good Christian you just have to learn God's word and there are multiple ways to do that..

1. Read a Bible made specifically for girls or teens and try to get either the New Century Version or the New International Version because those are made easier to read so you will enjoy them more.

2. DO DEVOTIONS!! This is my favorite way because they teach you the Bible in a super comprehensible way and highlight big points that are also very applicable to your life!

3. Go on Christian websites. Like mine, Christian websites help you with your spiritual life in a great way and are a better choice online then websites like social websites, gaming websites, and websites like YouTube not that I do not love all of those!

4. Another big one, PRAY! Just pray and talk to God, listen to God and meditate on his word.

Steps to meditating on God's word
(aka. meditating is not like sitting with your legs crossed and your fingers making circles it is just having quiet time with God)
1. study a verse, or word/ concept in the Bible
2. pray about the verse and ask God for clarity
3. Just sit and wait and listen to God's answer.


So just remember that reading the Bible is a wonderful, amazing, super good thing that will help your spiritual life a lot but it is not the only way to knowing God and his word!


Verse of the Week

This week I have 2 verses to share with you:

1 Corinthians 10:13

But remember, that the  temptations that come into your life are no different that what others experience. And God is faithful. He will keep temptation from becoming so strong that you can't stand up against it. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you will not give into it.


AND... special shout out to my friend Kate for sending me this verse ( remember you can send me a favorite verse and I may use it as a verse of the week and send you a shout out)

Nahum 1:7
The Lord is good. Giving protection in times of trouble- he knows who trusts him.



So thats about it! I love you all!!
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! You made my day:) Keep comments Godly please and just know how beautiful you are in the eyes of the Lord<3