Saturday, February 25, 2012

Christian Book Reviews: Devotions Worth Buyin:)

It doesn't have to be Jan. 1st to start your devotions. Here are some daily, weekly, and devotions to do with family that will definitely help you in your spiritual life.

1. Devotions for the God Girl: A 365 day Journey
By: Hayley Dimarco
Amazing devotional! I love all of Hayley Dimarco's books and her website www.godgirl.com is great!








2. 12 Months of Faith: a devotional journal for teens
By: Bettie B. Youngs, Jennifer Leigh Youngs, Debbie Thurman

This book is divided into weekly sections and has questions and devotion passages packed with applicable verses. Really good devo!


3.The One Year Devotionals for girls
By: "The One Year company"

I really love the One Year devotion books. It tells a story about a girl that learns a  Christian lesson and what she is going through. Then, it gives you advice to apply to your life and some of the daily devotions and verses are really great!

4. Grace for The Moment
By: Max Lucado

This daily devotion book has very short devotional reading with a verse and a lesson and are great because they only take 1 to 2 minutes each.

















With Family

The One Year Mother Daughter Devos
By: Dannah Gresh

This book really is great to connect with your mom! I love how it gives you activities to do and gives you good questions to ask each other based on the daily devotion. It is a great 5 minutes out of your day to grow in your mom daughter relationship and your relationship with God.

(for younger siblings)

Step in to the Bible 
By: Ruth Graham 

My 6 year old brother and I try to do these every night. There are 100 devotions translated very easy so kids can understand stories of the bible and how to apply them to your life. It also gives you a memory verse for the week that my brother loves to work on and memorize and has very simple questions based on the devotional reading.


* Another great thing to do with younger siblings is to get a bible story book. My brother begs and looks forward every night to reading his Bedtime Bible Stories for kids. Most bible story books will be translated easy and fit helps to find one with some basic questions about the book

A book I do not have but am saving up to buy is called Truth and Dare: One Year of Dynamic Devotions for girls By: Ann- Margret Hovsepian. I read a preview of 3 devotions and they already gave me some  good advice!


Hope you enjoy these devotions! I have all of them listed and do them everyday ! They really help me with blog ideas, good tips, advice, cool verses, and just improve my spiritual life and increase my faith. Hope you can get a few! The best place to buy them at is Christianbook.com because they are much cheaper and Amazon.com is a great online store. They also have a bunch of these and more Christian books at Berean christian book store by the Tyler Mall.


  Love you all!!!

-Ash

Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. I was thrilled to stumble across this blog post and to hear that you're interested in my book, Truth & Dare. I'd be happy to send you a free copy if you'd be willing to review it on your blog. :) I've also got a Facebook page you can check out: https://www.facebook.com/truth.dare.devotions.

    If you go to my website, www.annhovsepian.com, you'll find a "contact" button. Send me an e-mail with your mailing address and I'll take care of that. :) (Oh, and if you want me to sign it to anyone special, let me know that, too.)

    God bless you!

    Ann-Margret



    God bless you and your family!

    Ann-Margret

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!! You made my day:) Keep comments Godly please and just know how beautiful you are in the eyes of the Lord<3